How to Get Started with Instagram Stories
When Instagram came out with Instagram Stories last month, I was sooooo excited! I don't know about you, but I just never got into Snapchat and I kept hesitating because I didn't want to try and build an audience on yet another platform. Instagram Stories solves that problem.
The reason I love it is because you really get to see behind the scenes of your favorite businesses. Brands don't have to be as curated in stories because they're only up for 24 hours and they're not shown on your normal feed. What that means is a less polished and more real view behind the business - which I absolutely love!
As a business owner, it's a great opportunity to showcase your personality and what's happening in your business in real-time.
Here are some examples of content you can create for Instagram Stories:
- Take people through what a typical work-day looks like
- Give them a tour of your workspace
- Show them when a new shipment of product comes in
- Capture your process and give people a glimpse behind the scenes (we did this with one of our recent photo shoots and it was a lot of fun!)
- Give them some snippets into your personal life
- Show them what you're working on now or a sneak peek of upcoming products or launches
- Do a mini business training
- Promote a new blog post, website launch or product launch
My friend Jennifer from the InstantBoss Club created a quick training video to help you get started with Instagram Stories.
She shares some cool tips in there that I didn't even know, and I've been using it since day one!
If you haven't posted a story yet, go ahead and give it a try! Even if you're not super comfortable posting videos, you can post your photos.
I think that businesses who use Instagram Stories as a tool to show their audience the people behind the brand and to get fans excited for upcoming launches will do really well! Just remember to keep it real while keeping it professional. There is such a thing as oversharing!
* This post contains affiliate links to Jennifer's InstantBoss Club. If you sign up using one of my links I may receive compensation. Rest assured, I only ever recommend products and services that I've personally tried and tested, and Jennifer definitely knows her stuff when it comes to Instagram!