TERMS OF PURCHASE AGREEMENT
This Terms of Purchase Agreement (the “Agreement”), is made by and between Rachel & Co. Inc. trading as Haute Stock (hereafter known as “Company”), and you (hereafter known as “Purchaser”, and collectively, the “Parties”).
By purchasing a Product (as defined below) from Company, Purchaser agrees to the following terms:
Company provides Styled Stock Photography Membership (herein referred to as the “Products”). Purchaser agrees to abide by all policies and procedures as outlined in this agreement as a condition of their purchase. Purchaser’s purchase of the Product includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or make transactions electronically. PURCHASER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEIR PURCHASE CONSTITUTES THEIR AGREEMENT TO AND INTENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY RELATED AGREEMENT INCLUDING OTHER POLICIES AND CONTRACTS, AND TO PAY FOR PRODUCT.
Due to the digital nature of the product, and because instant access is granted as soon as the membership is activated, no refunds are offered on memberships. Memberships may be canceled at any time. To avoid renewal charges, members must cancel their accounts prior to the automatic renewal date. NO REFUNDS will be issued if members forget to cancel prior to the renewal date. The member account will remain active until the end of the subscription term and all images downloaded while the membership was active may still be used.
By purchasing the Product, the Purchaser agrees to the following Image License:
Haute Stock membership comes with a non-exclusive limited use license.
- Use images for personal or business use, online and in print.
- Resize, crop or change image orientation.
- Overlay the image with text, website screenshots, product designs and pdf designs.
- Add filters or color overlays to suit their branding aesthetic.
- Use the images to create opt-ins such as checklists, workbooks, pdfs, ebooks, as long as the images are flatted and overlaid with text or graphics and cannot be extracted, and so long as the image is not a main component of the download.
- Use the images for multiple businesses/blogs for which the member is the sole owner.
Members May NOT:
- Otherwise alter, edit or manipulate the image, or claim the image as their own.
- Sell, loan, or give away the image or otherwise allow a third-party to use the image in any way.
- Transfer the images to clients/customers, even if you have modified the design by adding text or graphics.
- Transfer membership or login credentials to a third party - whether a client, customer, or business partner without previous written consent obtained directly from Haute Stock.
- Use the images for social media, websites, or any other online/print mediums for clients/customers or anyone who is not a member of the Styled Stock Library (even if the image files are not being directly transferred to the client/customer).
- Use the images for ebook covers or physical book covers to be sold on Amazon or similar mass distribution sites.
- Create derivative products from the images such as templates, screensavers, quote graphics, desktop calendars, printables, art prints, mugs, calendars, clipart, invitations, or any such products, either for sale or to give away for free.
- Images may not be used for any offensive, illegal or pornographic use.
- Use the images to promote or sell other stock photography products/services/resources/courses, whether for free or paid.
- Use Graphics Packs or InstaQuotes to create commercial products for sale or to give away. This includes derviative products such as prints, patterns, invitations, and social media templates.
- Rachel Rouhana | Haute Stock remains the sole and exclusive owner and holder of the copyright of the image.
- Credit / Attribution is not required, but always appreciated. Remember to use #hautestock or #hautestockco so we can see how you use the images and even feature your business!
- Members acknowledge that Haute Stock | Rachel Rouhana does not make any representations or assurances of non-infringement and does not make claim to have received releases from any brands, designers, or manufacturers for use of products, registered trademarks, logos or intellectual property portrayed in the images. Members agree that neither Rachel Rouhana nor Haute Stock shall be liable for any damages resulting from the use of any of the images provided. Haute Stock | Rachel Rouhana shall not be liable for any claims related to, or resulting from, your use of the images, which may or may not have been modified by you, or combined with other content.
Members may not under any circumstances transfer membership or login credentials to a third party - whether a client, customer, or business partner without previous written consent obtained directly from Haute Stock.
Company sells Products 'as is' without warranty or guarantee of any kind, either express or implied, including no warranty as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK.
Purchaser agrees to accept all risk associated with the use of any Product, including but not limited to, ingestion of or application to Purchaser’s person, the use of any Product personally or in business, all taxes and regulations applicable to any Product, all legal compliance issues related to any Product. Purchaser understands that the Company is disclaiming all liability from harm of any kind or nature caused directly or indirect from any Product.
Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company, its affiliates, and its respective officers, directors, agents, employees, and other independent contractors from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of, or relating to, Purchaser’s action(s) under this Agreement or misuse of a Product. Purchaser agrees to defend against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, lawsuits, and/or judgments arising out of, or relating to, the Purchaser’s participation under this Agreement, unless expressly stated otherwise by Company, in writing.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Purchaser agrees that the Company’s liability for any reason shall be no more than the total purchase price of the Product purchased.
If a dispute is not resolved first by good-faith negotiation between the Parties to this Agreement, every controversy or dispute to this Agreement will be submitted to binding arbitration. The arbitration shall occur within ninety-(90)-days from the date of the initial arbitration demand and shall take place in Calgary, Alberta. The Parties shall cooperate in exchanging and expediting discovery as part of the arbitration process and shall cooperate with each other to ensure that the arbitration process is completed within the ninety-(90)-day period. The written decision of the arbitrators (which will provide for the payment of costs, including attorneys’ fees) will be absolutely binding and conclusive and not subject to judicial review, and may be entered and enforced in any court of proper jurisdiction.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta, and of Canada, regardless of the conflict of laws principles thereof.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT; AMENDMENT; HEADINGS.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to its relationship, and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, understandings and representations to the extent that they relate in any way to the subject matter hereof. Neither course of performance, nor course of dealing, nor usage of trade, shall be used to qualify, explain, supplement or otherwise modify any of the provisions of this Agreement. No amendment of, or any consent with respect to, any provision of this Agreement shall bind either party unless set forth in a writing, specifying such waiver, consent, or amendment, signed by both parties. The headings of Sections in this Agreement are provided for convenience only and shall not affect its construction or interpretation.
Should any provision of this Agreement be or become invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under applicable law, the other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected and shall remain in full force and effect.
The waiver or failure of Company to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further right hereunder.